Nail Box Survey Sweepstakes
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT, AND A VALID INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED.
- Sponsor: Coty Inc., 350 5th Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10118.
- Eligibility: The Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Box Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at time of entry and who have Internet access and an active e-mail account as of date of entry. If under the age of eighteen (18) (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residency, whichever is older), individual must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win the prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Void where prohibited by law.
- Sweepstakes Schedule: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 11/06/2017 and ends at 09:59 a.m. ET on 11/13/2017 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes
- Sweepstakes Entry:
During the Promotion Period the respondent is required to successfully complete the full survey (responses to all 10 questions in the survey) in an honest manner.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and cannot be modified by entrant.
By submitting a responose, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) gives permission to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use entrant's comment on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant's comment, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor’s products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License will be confirmed by potential winner (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) upon Sponsor’s request and potential winner (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and the selection of another entry as a potential winner.
Limit one (1) Entry per person. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts (i.e., multiple comments) will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/email address/Instagram account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. (Without limiting the foregoing, comments posted outside of the Post will NOT result in Sweepstakes entry. This includes but is not limited to comments posted on a person’s own Instagram account/page.) Sponsor will not be responsible for late, corrupted, garbled, inaccessible/blocked, incomplete or misdirected entries. All entries must be posted to the Post in their entirety prior to the end of the Promotion Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
You may only use one E-mail account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All comments must comply with the Sally Hansen’s Terms of Service and Sally Hansen’s Rules available.
Data rates may apply for usage from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions
- Sweepstakes Entry Restrictions/Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and/or on the Website/Platform where persons may submit entries; each entry must comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”).Participation must be effected in accordance with these Official Rules. Once submitted, survey cannot be modified or supplemented by entrant. Joint/group entries are prohibited. No entries may be effected (in whole or in part) on behalf of someone else.Entries: (i) must be the original and sole creation of the entrant, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in any Entry, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant; (ii) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light; (iii) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (iv) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; (v) may not, for example but not limited to, contain content that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or other controlled substances), profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, or threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; (vi) must have been created specifically for this Sweepstakes and not have been previously posted via social media or otherwise; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry complies with all of those conditions. Entries cannot contain, among other things, the trademark, tradename or logo of any third party or entity or product, cannot name, or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) other than the entrant, and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright.
SUBMITTED COMMENTS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT OF COMMENTS AND HAS NO OBLIGATION TO AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING THE CONTENT OF COMMENTS. SPONSOR WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY COMMENTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
Random Drawings/Selection of Winners/Odds: Potential winners will be randomly selected on or about November 15, 2017 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor via a random selection tool: http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of a person’s responses will not be taken into account in the winner selection process (provided they fully completed the survey and in compliance with these Official Rules).
Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):
Grand Prize (5): One (1) Prize winner will receive a Sally Hansen prize package. The prize package will include: Seven (7) bottle of the Miracle Gel Nail Polish and (1) Miracle Gel Topcoat†. ARV of each total Prize: $79.92
Any costs and incidentals not specified herein are the winners’ sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission (which may be granted or withheld for any reason). Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. Prize will only be delivered to an address within the United States. Sponsor reserves the right to ship various prize components separately. If a prize is won by a minor, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award the prize to or in the name of minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winners are responsible for any federal, state, local or other taxes associated with accepting prize.
Total ARV of all Prizes: $79.92
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be contacted by private e-mail message from Sally Hansen’s E-mail account to the potential winners’ E-mail account. The private message will request that the potential winner email the Sponsor at the specified email address with specific personal information (ex: full name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, Instagram username etc.) Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification or return of notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winner (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (“Winner Documents”). If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules or if a potential winner does not accept their prize for any reason, prize may be forfeited and potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, potential winner’s prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties (as defined in Rule 12 below) are not responsible for incomplete, inaccessible entries/photos, Internet connections or email; technological/programming/electronic or other error, or for any computer, telephone, wireless, satellite, cable, network, electronic, Internet or phone hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net/accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, Internet contact, or any technical error, or program errors or malfunctions or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry, photo or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. (The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any filtering or other operation of the functionality of the Survey which interferes with or otherwise impedes the intended proper operation of the Sweepstakes.) If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned (in whole or in part), as solely determined by Sponsor, including but not limited to by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures that can corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/ modification/suspension of the Sweepstakes will be posted on the Sally Hansen Website page. The right is reserved by Sponsor to disqualify any individual found, at its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Additional Conditions: By participating, entrants (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, and property or breach or failure or any representation of warranty arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or from the acceptance misuse or use of the prize. By entering, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material and on a winner’s list (if applicable) in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world-wide and on the World Wide Web and Internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without compensation (where permitted by law) and without review, approval or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
- Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the award of the prize, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
- Winner’s List: For the name of the winner mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel Nailbox Survey Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Coty Inc., 350 5th Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10118. Requests received after 12/01/17 will not be honored.